GTA V is a video game developed by Rockstar North. It is claimed that in GTA V PC players can experience the game running at 60 frames per second and explore the acclaimed worlds of Blaine County and Los Santos in resolutions up to and beyond 4k. However, the truth is that many players have reported constant GTA V stuttering on PC. On this page, LagoFast will give you several suggestions to fix this annoying problem. Before we get started, click the link below, and try LagoFast first.
Part 1: Why There Are Stuttering Issues in GTA V on PC?
Part 2: What Can LagoFast Do to Fix GTA V Stuttering?
Part 3: Other Solutions to fix GTA V Stuttering Issues.
Part 4: How to Deal with GTA V Stuttering While Driving?
Part 5: Why Does My GTA V Still Have Stuttering Issues With a High FPS?
Stuttering in GTA V can be caused by various reasons and each of them has a different solution. Here are some possible causes for GTA stuttering on PC:
1. Unbefitting PC specifications. To run GTA V on your PC, you must meet the minimum requirements. Otherwise, you risk experiencing performance issues such as stuttering, freezing, and crashing. The following are the system requirements for GTA V.
2. Outdated or corrupted device drivers on your computer. A faulty or outdated graphics driver on your computer may be the root of the GTA V stuttering. To fix the problem, update your GPU driver to the most recent version.
3. FPS is too high. The lag and stuttering issues in GTA 5 might be brought on by the high FPS. Adjusting the game's FPS cap is therefore a good idea.
4. Poor network connection. An unstable or poor network connection can cause issues like lagging, stuttering, or even crashing. Always make sure your network condition is good enough to support running GTA V on your PC.
5. Vsync, which stands for Vertical Sync, is a display option found in some 3D PC games, which allows gamers to synchronize the frame rate with the refresh rate of their monitor to reduce screen tearing. However, the feature is known to cause stuttering for many players.
LagoFast is a well-developed game booster that specializes in fixing stuttering issues, boosting in-game FPS, and reducing high ping. It has more than 8 years of experience in optimization. No matter whether you have problems with the overloaded server or wrong settings on your PC, LagoFast can do you a great favor and save you from a lot of trouble.
If the GTA V stuttering on your PC is due to an overloaded server, LagoFast can automatically allocate you an ultimate server through its globally-distributed servers.
To enjoy this function, download LagoFast first.
Type GTA V in the search box. Click on GTA V to start boosting.
You can either select smart routing or choose your preferred server and node.
If the server you are using has nothing wrong, then it may have something to do with the wrong settings on the PC. LagoFast can also help you fix this. Click on the "FPS Boost" tab on the left side.
You’ll see a series of settings that can affect FPS performance in-game. Also, you can either let LagoFast help you to automatically adjust the settings or do it yourself. LagoFast will save your customized settings.
The Features of LagoFast are as follows:
What are you waiting for? Click the tab below and enjoy!
The GTA 5 stuttering issue may be brought on by the high FPS and extended distance scaling. To fix this, follow these steps:
In many PC video games, playing full-screen could higher the possibility of stuttering. GTA V is not an exception. Therefore, disabling your full-screen optimizations during the game could help you fix GTA V stuttering on PC. Here's how to do it.
If your GTA V cannot access certain game files on the system in user mode, it may stutter on the PC. Play the game as an administrator to see if that resolves the issue. Here's how to go about it:
A faulty or outdated graphics driver on your computer may be the root of the GTA V stuttering. To resolve the issue, update your GPU driver to the most recent version.
Find the most recent driver that is compatible with your version of Windows by visiting the manufacturer's website for your graphics card. To install the driver on your computer, download it first and then double-click the downloaded file.
After the update is finished, restart your computer and see if GTA V functions properly without stuttering issues.
VSync is a shortened form for Vertical Sync, a display option in 3D PC games. It enables you to synchronize the frame rate with the refresh rate of the monitor for improved stability. Many players have reported that turning off VSync in GTA 5 is an effective way to fix the stuttering issue. So it's worth a try.
To do so:
Find and locate GTA V Settings.
Many players have reported that stuttering issues are most frequently happened while they're driving. Even though they tried to lower the settings, it didn't work. Here are some suggestions to fix GTA V stuttering issues while driving.
1. Meet the recommended requirements, especially the RAM. You require sufficient RAM because if not, your system will be running out of memory and is therefore relying on your hard drive to load, which is simply not fast enough. If your RAM usage while playing exceeds 80%, you can be certain that this is the cause.
2. Go to your graphics card comparison websites. Navigate to the drivers for your operating system and then to the bottom. At the very least, Beta drivers are available on AMD's website. It corrects many of the errors.
Download GTA V official patches or updates. Sometimes the stuttering issues while driving can be caused by bugs. GTA V Tech & Support will fix these bugs and release patches. Downloading patches or updating your GTA V to the latest version may help you fix this.
Some players have stuttering issues with a high FPS. Even though their FPS is between 80-100+ most of the time, they still suffer from stuttering issues in GTA V.
This is probably due to an overloaded CPU. If the FPS is too high and the CPU is not capable of handling it, then the stuttering issues will happen.
The most effective way to fix this is to turn off Vsync. The specific way of doing so is shown in Fix 5.
Additionally, restraining the FPS to 60Hz is also working in most cases. Because stuttering issues can be due to an overloaded CPU. Limiting FPS takes some load off the CPU.